Learn to write CSS that works!
If you've ever wondered how to use CSS in today's browsers to achieve working, interesting, and even artistic effects, this book is for you!
Eric A. Meyer, regarded by many as the most experienced and innovative CSS master working today, pairs his knowledge of CSS, HTML, and browser capabilities with a carefully developed hands-on-learning method to provide you with 13 full-color projects that help you learn through example rather than theory. Each of the projects is cross-browser compatible in modern browsers and provides you with numerous opportunities to experiment with the concepts presented:
- Understanding structure vs. presentation
- Transitioning from tables to style sheet layouts
- Blending techniques to create complex designs
- Working with CSS-based layouts
- Understanding CSS positioning
- Using basic multi-column layout
- Creating non-rectangular layout effects
- Styling for print and screen media
- And much more!
From converting HTML-based layouts to re-creating a print design, from styled links to multicolumn layout, from padding to positioning, this book sets out to show readers how CSS is really used and really useful.
Interested? Get more information on whether the book is right for you, and find out where to order a copy of your own!
Table of Contents
- Foreword by Jeffrey Zeldman
- Project 1: Converting an Existing Page
- Project 2: Styling a Press Release
- Project 3: Styling an Events Calendar
- Project 4: Bringing Hyperlinks to Life
- Project 5: How to Skin a Menu
- Project 6: Styling for Print
- Project 7: Making an Input Form Look Good
- Project 8: Creating an Online Greeting Card
- Project 9: Multicolumn Layout
- Project 10: Sneaking Out of the Box
- Project 11: Positioning a Better Design
- Project 12: Fixing Your Backgrounds
- Project 13: Eric Meyer on CSS in CSS